Wednesday, July 2, 2014

A Red, A White, and A Blue Dessert For 4th Of July!

When trying to come up with the perfect "Red, White, and Blue" recipe, I kept falling back on some of my old favorites. Thanks to the freedom given to us by our forefathers, it's my blog and I can do whatever I want. Therefore... you're getting 3 different recipes! A "red" one, thanks to the fresh strawberries in the recipe... a "white" one made with yummy coconut chips... and a BLUEberry one!



Here is one of my favorite summertime recipes. It brings together the freshness of strawberries and the induglence of cheesecake without the drama of all those calories. Bonus, it whips up in minutes, so you won't miss that valuable time in the sun!


Click here for the recipe. 





Since I'm not a "super sweet" person (palate, not personality) I decided that shortbread cookies have become my go-to! I wanted the buttery taste with a hint of salt. I also wanted to figure out a way to include my latest addiction, Coconut Chips. So, here's what I came up with. Oh, and did I mention the cookies themselves are made with only 4 ingredients! Want a bonus? Make extra dough and you'll be half way through the next recipe too!

Click here for the recipe.





This is a crowd-pleaser for sure. Make with fresh blueberries, or any berry for that matter! Remember, if you save some of the dough from the Shortbread cookies above, you're halfway done!

Click here for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave a comment!