Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Super Simple Coconut Bark


I was recently introduced to Whole Kernel Coconut Oil... it's straight up AMAZING! I've found myself eating spoonfuls of this stuff our of the jar with a few chocolate chips and I thought to myself, "This is just silly, it's time to make something!"
Here's what I came up with!

Ingredients:
2 c shredded coconut (unsweetened)
1 c coconut oil
1/4 c honey
1 c chocolate chips
pinch of sea salt




What to Do:

Warm the coconut oil until it is liquid and add in all ingredients except for the chocolate.

Line a shallow pan with wax paper or foil and lay out the coconut mixture and pat it down to create a solid layer. Pop it in the freezer until solid.

Melt chocolate and pour over coconut and let set in the freezer a bit longer.

Once it's all good and hard, break it up and enjoy! Store in the fridge if you can resist eating it all!

Try using Kelapo Coconut Oil in this recipe!








4 comments:

  1. These are just plain addicting! My friend added some caramel sauce to hers and they just bumped them up to another level!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound yummy! How many calories are in these per serving??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry folks, not a calorie counter (I would never eat!).
      If you want to try and figure it out using the ingredients and their nutritional values I'd be happy to re-post it, giving y'all the credit! :-)

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Leave a comment!