So I’ve got some pretty exciting news to share! For months I have been working with the team at Stonefire Flatbread to create the first official design from my Eat Your Heart Out Collection! As some of you may remember, I've been dreaming up some fun Foodie-inspired designs for quote some time and thanks to my favorite flatbread company, the “Naan Of Your Business” shirts are fresh off the press and will be making their debut this week at The Americana at Brand!
On Wednesday, April 1, 2015, Stonefire® Authentic Flatbreads launches its cross-country food truck tour in partnership with Celebrity Chef Marcel Vigneron, acclaimed global chef and star of hit reality series, Top Chef. Chef Marcel has appeared on the popular reality series Top Chef All-Stars, Marcel’s Quantum Kitchen on the SyFy Network and numerous programs on The Food Network.
Chef Marcel will be hosting a fun food event with the Stonefire Food Truck on April 1 at The Americana in Glendale from 12-5pm. Attendees will have an opportunity to relax and unwind with family and friends while enjoying complimentary samples of Chef Marcel’s original Stonefire Authentic Flatbreads recipes in addition to other activities.
If you can't make it the event, here are some recipes that Chef Marcel will be sharing! Don't forget to enter to win one of my "It's Naan Of Your Business" Shirts int he giveaway at the end of this post!
CALI GREEK NAAN
• 1 package Stonefire Naan (any flavor or original)
• 1/2 cup yogurt, greek, plain, whole
• 1 Tbsp dill, fresh, de-stemmed
• 2 tsp za'atar (toasted thyme, sumac, sea salt, turmeric, and sesame seeds)
• 1 ea. persian cucumber, small dice
• 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 ea. avocado, cut into 1/6 and peeled
• 4 ea. cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1Tbsp lemon juice
• 1/4 cup romaine, chopped
1. Combine yogurt, dill, cucumber, some lemon zest, salt, and za’atar together and mix until combined.
2. Place Naan (bubbly side up) on middle rack of preheated 400F oven and heat 8 minutes.
3. While Naan is baking, prep the cucumbers, romaine, avocado and tomato
4. Remove Naan from oven when it is golden brown and toasty.
5. Spread the Naan evenly with cucumber, dill, and yogurt mixture.
6. Top with chopped romaine, halved cherry tomato and sliced avocado over the top of the spiced cucumber yogurt.
7. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and finishing salt.
FOREST MUSHROOM PIZZA
• 1 ea.. Stonefire thin pizza crust
• 2/3 cup ricotta
• 1 Tbsp parsley, de-stemmed, washed and chopped
• 1 ea. sprig thyme
• 1 ea. shallot, minced
• 1 ea. garlic clove, sliced
• 2 cups mushroom
• tt salt
• 1/4 tsp balsamic
• 4 slices prosciutto
• 1/4 cup parmesan
• tt truffle oil (optional)
1. Sautéed the shallots, garlic, and thyme in olive oil until aroma, add the sliced mushrooms and cook until tender. Add the balsamic, parsley and salt to mushrooms and mix until combined.
2. Preheat the oven to 450F.
3. Spread the ricotta evenly over the pizza crust.
4. Top with the mushroom mix
5. Place pizza directly on the middle rack of preheated oven and cook for 5-8 minutes or until topping and crust are heated through.
6. Remove from oven, drizzle minute amount of truffle oil, top with prosciutto, and grate parmesan over the top of pizza.
7. Slice and serve
Get your own "It's Naan Of Your Business" shirts by commenting below! Just tell me what your favorite use for Stonefire Naan is and you're entered!
The Stonefire Food Truck will be touring the country from April-August, 2015. Chef Marcel has created delicious, easy to make, plant-based recipes featuring Stonefire Authentic Flatbreads and Stonefire Naan Crisps that will be served from the truck at each stop on the tour for all to enjoy. All are invited to stop by the food truck for free samples, giveaways and recipe tips. Follow the tour on Facebook www.facebook.com/Stonefireflatbreads and Twitter www.twitter.com/Stonefirenaan.