Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Nacho Average Taco Shop - Project Taco on MidWilshire



I was recently invited over to the new taco joint on Mid-Wilshire, Project Taco. This sister location to the Hermosa Beach hotspot recently opened its doors to the bustling streets of Miracle Mile serving up innovative concoctions packed with flavor and fresh ingredients. 

I started things off with some good old chips and salsa, but these dippers were anything from ordinary. Ranging from a cool cilantro crema to a smack-you-in-the-tastebuds pineapple habanero, these salsas are all made in house and bursting with taste.


Next up, I was treated to three of the top tacos they have to offer - Wilshire Pot Roast, Blueberry BBQ, and Chicken Bacon Club. All three sent my timid tongue through a spicy circus, but nothing that was unpleasant. The Wilshire Pot Roast had a wonderfully seasoned shredded beef base and an array of pickled cherry peppers that complimented the beef wonderfully. 

On paper, the Blueberry BBQ sounded like it would be my favorite touting a blueberry sriracha BBQ sauce and apple-kale coleslaw but it was actually the Chicken Bacon Club that stole the show for me. There was a certain flavor in there that brought back a nostalgic taste that I still have yet to put my finger on, either way, it kept me coming back bite after bite, even though my tongue was on fire.  
Project Taco Menu Dec 2013 (Window) copy.jpg
As you can see from the menu above, there is no lack of creativity. The friendly staff will gladly let you sample some of the ingredients if you're not sure what you'd like.

Project Taco also has a number of specials and promotions that they run weekly including Taco Tuesday (obviously) and Happy Hour all weekend long, so be sure to check out their website and social media for all that fun info!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave a comment!