Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Kimchi Tofu Soup



http://cdn.norecipes.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2009/11/kimchi-jigae-2.jpg 

As some of you know, the month of March has been a whirlwind for me and Kasey's Kitchen. Between menu tastings, production meetings (yay!), interviews and traveling, I knew that when I finally slowed down, my immune system would be shot. 
So, as predicted... while I was playing catch up yesterday I felt a little lump in my throat start and my nose became a little stuffy. I decided when I got home I needed to make a soup that would kick this cold to the curb before it knew what hit it!


I had some King's Kimchi and Tofu thanks to my friends at Nasoya so I tried my best to recreate the steamy, spicy soup I get at my favorite Korean restaurants.

Serves 2

Ingredients:
Vegetable Broth
Mild or Spicy Kimchi
Sambal (wet crushed red pepper)
Firm Tofu, cubed
Green Onions, coarsely chopped
Bibigo Chicken Cilantro Wontons (or you can make your own!)

Preparation:
In a medium sized pot, heat 2-3 cups of broth and a few heavy spoonfuls of Kimchi. You can add as much of this as you want, just make sure you have enough broth.

Once the broth and kimchi come to a simmer, add in your cubed tofu and chopped green onions.  If you're using frozen wontons, put those in at this time too. Lower heat and allow to simmer for an additional five minutes.

Pile the soup up into a bowl and enjoy nice and hot!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave a comment!