Thursday, March 14, 2013

Easy Chicken Pad Thai


Last night I was beyond exhausted (still catching up from the crazy weekend) and if you can believe it, I really didn't feel like cooking. The night before I had made some Ginger Chicken Wontons and I had quite a bit of the filling left over (see how to make the filling here) so I decided that I was going to create one of my famous "Dinner Do-Overs" and turn it into Pad Thai. You don't have to use leftovers for this though, you can make this same dish with chopped up chicken breast!

I decided to use Nasoya's Pasta Zero for this recipe because after looking at the back of the package and seeing I could eat the whole bag for 40 calories... I was sold.

Ingredients
2 Chicken breasts, ground or chopped
1 Egg, scrambled
1 tbsp peanut butter (I used Magee's)
1 tbsp soy sauce
water
honey
a dash of sweet chili sauce (optional)
frozen edamame
green onions


 Preparation
Cook the chicken through in a little wok oil or coconut oil.

Cook your noodles according to their package directions and set aside. You want them to dry out a little bit before adding them into your dish. 
Add in your scrambled egg and let it cook with the chicken.

Add peanut butter, soy sauce and a drizzle of honey for the chicken and the eggs. Mix thoroughly and then add a little bit of water to thin out the sauce. At this point, throw in the edamame and green onions then  let simmer.

Add in noodles and a little sweet chili sauce if you'd like.

Presentation
Pile it up high in a large dish, top with sliced green onions and serve with chopsticks!



2 comments:

  1. Awesome Kasey! I'm loving that Nasoya! Have to find it once I move to LA :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this dish! I have those night too, were I have no interest in even looking at my kitchen! Dishes like this are always nice

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Leave a comment!