Sunday, October 7, 2012

Perfect Peck of Roasted Peppers

I've never been a huge fan of peppers... especially green peppers, YUCK! However I've learned to wein my way into becoming a pepper-person since it seems red peppers are in EVERYTHING these days.
Here's my recipe for super tasty roasted peppers, the perfect gate-way pepper.

What You Need:

variety of different color peppers (I used red, yellow and orange)
garlic oil or regular oil
sea salt

What You Do:

Preheat oven to 400

Cut peppers in half and place in a large mixing bowl

Add in oil and a generous amount of sea salt and toss with your hands to evenly coat all the peppers.

Place the peppers on a baking sheet with the skin side up. Try not to let them touch, that will cause them to steam and hurt the roasting process.

Bake for 20 minutes until the skins brown.

Here's the trick - turn the oven off and let them sit in there for an additional 10-20 minutes. This prevents them from sweating out too much and leaves them truly roasted.

Use these on sandwiches, toss into pasta, blend them into a paste and make a spread... opportunities are endless!

Don't forget to let me know if you try it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave a comment!