Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Working Weekends at Father's Office

This weekend I had the chance to check out one of Culver's hottest watering holes, Father's Office. Known for their beers and burger, this trendy (in a good way) pub serves up inventive comfort-food and a selection of handcrafted brews.


My hubby and I got there on the early side of Saturday evening and their wasn't too much for a crowd, scooped up a table outside right away. Here, you order everything at the bar, they give you a number and will bring your food out to you when it's ready. Definitely not your typical counter service, we were greeted by one of the 4 bartenders right away and given menus to look over. They also had daily specials displayed digitally at the bar.

We started with Summer Ale and Riesling and ordered both ordered the burger, which they are the most known for. Beware, they don't allow substitutions or modifications to anything, so I got stuck with a bit of blue cheese on my burger, but it wasn't too over the top, I muscled through it. The burgers came with fries which were brought to us in a mini frialator basket and they were delicious! Thin, shoestring cut tossed in herbs and served with a yummy garlic aioli.

For dessert, I ordered the Pineapple Upside-down Ice Cream Sandwich. I won't lie, I was expecting a bit more. Two pieces of thin pound cake with a pineapple sorbet that was just a bit too tart. Hubby got the Rice Krispie Treat Bon Bons which were pretty awesome though! Over all, it was a fun spot in an awesome location (the old Helms Bakery Factory).
I would say this a great spot to hit up before a night out or a concert with a group of friends. The large tables and laid back vibe is perfect for you and your crew.

Father's Office on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave a comment!