Saturday, July 28, 2012

Lost and Foundry




Last night I checked out "The Foundry" on Melrose with some friends. This trendy place has live music in the front of the joint and a large open-air patio in the back, which is where we sat. 

Since it was the final night of Dine L.A. (Think, Restaurant Week), some of us opted for the Prix Fix menu that they offered. 
We had to start off with the Grilled Cheese with Short Ribs because it was featured on Food Networks Best Thing I've Ever Eaten. Was it the best for me? I can't say so, however it was pretty fantastic. I wouldn't miss out on it if I were you. 

Next up was the Tuna Tartare, which I'm pretty new to the raw tuna world, and I'll say, it was amazing! 
Filling up the main course was a Hanger Steak Bi Bim Bap, super flavorful and the beef was cooked really well, just wasn't a huge fan of the egg on top. But I know that's traditional. 
Rounding out the night was their version of a Pineapple Upside-Down Cake, it was too dark to take a picture. That was the only low of the meal I'd say. The cake was a bit too dry for me. 

I do have to say that the showstopper for me was the Strawberry Caipirinha. It was phenomenal! No picture on that either, they vanished too quickly!

Check it our for yourself. 
The Foundry On Melrose on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave a comment!