Sunday, March 22, 2015

IKEA Hack: DIY Gold Bar Cart



As some of you might know from following along on Instagram, The Mr. and I recently moved into a new townhouse. We're pretty pumped because this place had everything we've always said we wanted in place, at least while we're still renting.

This blank slate of a home left me eager to start tackling so many of the DIY projects saved on my Pinterest boards, many of which were IKEA hacks! Much like with my cooking, I love being able to take one thing and turn it into another. I'm a sucker for a do-over!

I had seen many IKEA bar cart hacks like this one from History In High Heels and knew I wanted to try it out for myself. Compared to the $200+ options for bar carts that are out there, this project came in under $50!



Here's what you need to tackle this project, only 2 things!:

1 IKEA - BYGEL Utility Cart (please note, this listing is for online purchase and includes shipping cost)


And of course any decor and glassware that you'd like! 

What to do:

In a ventilated area, spray all the metal fixtures that come with the IKEA Utility Cart. Be sure to spray the paint at least 6 inches away from the pieces in a sweeping motion for even coverage. I strongly recommend giving it two coats and letting it fully dry in between each coat. 

Assemble the Utility Cart per the IKEA instructions and decorate how you would like it! 

I got many of the items on my bar cart from places like HomeGoods, TJMaxx, and Z Gallerie






Check out more design ideas and DIY projects on my Pinterest board below!
Follow Kasey's Kitchen's board The House That Pinterest Built  on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave a comment!