Tuesday, December 24, 2013

My Least Favorite Christmas Songs, Ever.

While everyone is entitled to their own opinions, the following songs drive me straight to the eggnog.

 Merry Christmas, Darling - Karen Carpenter 
This song has had to have caused numerous car accidents with people falling asleep at the wheel. Ok, that may be a bit harsh but you have to admit... snoozeville!





 All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth 
You can 'With Me a Merry Chri-th-math" without sings a song about it! This song should be reserved for school plays but certainly it does not warrant radio air-play. Luckily I found a video of Michael Buble doing this song to make it a bit more bearable.



 Wonderful Christmastime 
How could such a legend create such a travesty. The only thing worst than this song would be the video... someone had obviously just learned about green-screen!



 Last Christmas
The song itself is actually not quite terrible. I mean it happens... you date someone, you break-up, you find someone better. It's what makes the world go around. However, what makes this song painful are the people who sing it. Prime example... Taylor Swift's cover of this song. Shocker, she's singing about a break-up. Didn't see that one coming.




 My Favorite Things
When did this become a Christmas song?? That's what I would like to know! Pretty sure Rogers and Hammerstein didn't have that in mind when it was penned. However, I do get a chuckle out of the fact that Kelly Clarkson added it to her new holiday album. Possibly a "good try Carrie"?





 Jingle Bell Rock
This is another song that seems to have been done by everyone and insanely overplayed. As much as I hate this song, including it in my list is a good reason to use this clip from Mean Girls! YOU CAN'T SIT WITH US!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave a comment!