Saturday, December 21, 2013

Chocolate Cookie Truffles



These little chocolate treats have become a staple in my Holiday repertoire. I first made them with my cousin when I was in high school. They are relatively simple but can become a bit time consuming. I think after 10 years of making these I may have finally mastered the process and I'm ready to share it with you! 
Ingredients:
1 package of Chocolate Cream Cookies (AKA Oreos)
1 8oz package of Cream Cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp milk
1 1/2 bags of semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted


 

Preparation:

Grind cookies in chopper or food processor into fine crumbs. 

Mix in softened cream cheese, vanilla, and milk. Stir until evenly combined and you have a thick dough. Refrigerate dough for about an hour so it starts to harden. 

Use a melon-baller to scoop round balls of the dough, place on a try lined with wax paper.

Dip cookie balls into melted chocolate. I usually use a skewer or chopstick to do this, makes things a bit easier. Don't worry about holes, you can cover up any spots with melted chocolate afterwards. 

Place back on wax paper, decorate with sprinkles or crushed candy canes and place in the refrigerator for chocolate to harden before serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave a comment!