Thursday, October 10, 2013

Seared Pork Ramen Soup




One of my all time most popular videos on YouTube is my Ramen Noodle Salad. This recipe came about while I was in college and my friends and I were on budgets tighter than a Hipsters pants. Which is ironic, because I went to Emerson college and everyone there wears pretty tight pants. Anyway! After seeing the success of the good old Ramen Noodle Salad, I decided to take another gourmet whack at the college staple. Here's what I came up with! 





Ingredients:
2 packages of Ramen noodle soup mix (any flavor)
4 cups of water
2 pork chops, thinly sliced
1 tbsp wok oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp sriracha
green onion, thinly sliced
1 egg (optional)

What To Do:
Heat wok oil (vegetable oil can be used) in a skillet and sear sliced pork with a dash of soy sauce until the pork has golden sear marks on it. Set aside.

Bring water to a boil and add in noodles.

Bring heat down to low when noodles are tender. Add in seasoning packets, soy sauce, sriracha, and green onion.

If you choose to add the egg, swirl the noodles in a circular motion to create a whirlpool in the pot. Slowly pour in the beaten egg so it forms thin strings similar to egg drop soup or crack the egg straight into the pot for a soft poached egg.

Transfer Ramen into a bowl, top with sliced pork and serve.



For more post-college recipe ideas, check out this new site: http://www.feastcheapboston.com/how-do-young-professionals-cook


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave a comment!