Tuesday, April 23, 2013

No-Fail Banana Bread

You can ask The Mr. , banana bread is not my strong suit. I always want to make it because I have a habit of letting my bananas go bad... whoops. However, in all my attempts it always seems to come out too doughy, too dry, too sticky, or too blah. But guess what? Last night, I did it. I finally came up with the easiest banana bread recipe that actually tasted good! 

Ingredients
1/2 c butter, softened
1 c sugar
2 eggs, beaten
4 bananas, mashed
1 1/2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (I used fresh beans from Wild Bean Vanilla Co.)


Preparation

Preheat over to 350.
In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. 
Add in the beaten eggs and mashed bananas.

Combine well with a whisk or electric beater.

Sift together flour, soda and salt and add that to the creamed mixture. Add in your vanilla at this time too.

Pour into greased loaf pan and gently drop on your countertop a few times. This shakes out all the air bubbles!  Bake for 60 minutes at 350.

Don't be afraid to make it your own by adding in Chocolate Chips, Walnuts, Dried Cranberries or anything else you may like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave a comment!