Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Dinner Do-Over: Cowboy Pie


So believe it or not this idea was inspired by my husband... the meat and potatoes ONLY guy.
 I had made a batch of my pulled pork along with some cornbread bread pudding and while I was eating them together he said, "You could make it like Shepherd's Pie". LIGHTBULB! Brilliant! So here it is, a Kasey's Kitchen "Dinner Do-Over",  Cowboy Pie!

Ingredients:
2-3 cups of left over Pulled Pork
1 can of baked beans (any flavor)
1 pkg of corn muffin mix
1 c shredded cheddar cheese (optional)

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350

In a baking dish, put down a layer of pulled pork.

Pour the can of beans over to pork to create the next layer.

Pour the corn muffin batter over the bean layer.

Bake for 12-15 minutes until muffin mix is golden brown. 

Enjoy!

Don't forget to leave a comment and let me know what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave a comment!