Thursday, March 20, 2014

Fresh Greek Tzatziki Sauce Recipe



Over the past few years, Greek food has wiggled it's way up my list of favorites. It's nestled itself somewhere above Chinese but below Italian. There's something about that warm fluffy pita, meat that may...or may not be lamb scraped off of a rotating skewer, and that cool creamy sauce that makes it all complete, tzatziki (tat-ziki)... at least I think that's how you say it. It's all Greek to me!



After visiting my latest obsession, True Food Kitchen where I order the most beautiful vegetable crudites, I decided I wanted to try and replicate it at home. Must say, I think I did it! Try it out for yourself with the recipe below.

Ingredients
1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
1 tbsp mayo
2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp light agave nectar
salt and black pepper to taste.

Preparation
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and serve chilled with vegetables or spread on sandwiches!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave a comment!