Sunday, March 30, 2014

Best Green Bean Recipe Ever!



Was that a little too presumptuous? Perhaps. However I feel that I have finally cracked the code to making the tastiest green beans I have ever laid my tastebuds on.

You see, my quest to create the best green beans started about a year and a half ago... on my wedding day actually. Our caterer, Prazni, had created the most amazing green beans I had ever had in my life.




Photo Credit Angela Greenlaw Photography


They were this crazy combination of crisp, buttery, sweet, salty, all at once. Magical I tell you, simply magical. Anyway, this mission to recreate these green beans took effect after that day I couldn't seem to replicate the yumminess, until now!

Ingredients
4-5 cups of fresh green beans
1/4 cup of water
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tsp of sea salt
1 tbsp of light agave

Preparation
In a saute pan, add green beans and water. Cover and let steam for no more than 2 minutes. The key to this recipe is allowing the green beans to stay firm.

Uncover and allow water to evaporate. At this time add in the butter and salt. Toss beans allowing for all the beans to get coated. Drizzle in the agave, toss once more and let simmer for an additional minute on a low flame.

Remove from heat and serve. Add a bit of lemon zest for garnish if you'd like!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave a comment!