Friday, March 14, 2014

BIG NEWS: I'm Coming to a Newstand Near You!

Well, I can now let the cat out of the bag... I have been asked to be a regular columnist for Zooey Magazine!!

Issue 19 (Print)

You may remember Zooey from my posts last Fall when I had a series of recipes published. Here's proof ---


I have now signed on to contribute articles, recipes, and all things delicious to the magazine starting this summer! I hope to bring my own "flavor" to my pieces in the magazine and hope that you'll join me on this ride!

Here's a bit about Zooey:
Zooey Magazine started with a simple vision – to empower women through entertainment. Founding Editor-in-Chief Lucia Tran was only 16 when she created Zooey Magazine in 2010, and for over three years, she fought against the entertainment and social standards against how women should be and how they should appear.
The name ‘Zooey’ (sounds like Chloe), derived from J.D. Salinger’s protagonist Zooey, a character in his beloved novel “Franny and Zooey.” Zooey was described as a person of genuine intelligence and sophistication. By creating a magazine that reflects a mere image of Zooey, Lucia hoped to convey an inspiring and enjoyable atmosphere for forward 20-somethings who enjoy meaningful reading and beautiful art.
Since Zooey’s launch, Zooey has thrived as a collaborative and vintage-inspired magazine covering topics like female entrepreneurship, crafts, entertainment, living simply and beautifully, everything vintage-inspired, and much more. Zooey doesn’t ever want to serve as a guideline as to how one should live, but rather as an inspiration to brighten paths, days, and to shed light on the power in all women.
Zooey is, and always will be, a dialogue for the everyday woman.

I am so thrilled to be part of this magazine because they promote the same empowering messaging that I strive to project throughout Kasey's Kitchen. Be sure to follow their social pages for updates! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave a comment!