Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Kopy-Kat Recipe: Chipotle's Corn Salsa

Since my first discovery of Chipotle about two years ago, I have perfected my order. Chicken Burrito Bowl, brown rice, pinto beans, mild salsa, LOTS of corn salsa and a dollop of sour cream. However, I came to realize that the Burrito Bowl was simply a vehicle from me to get the corn salsa. That stuff is unreal! 
So I set out to make my wallet and my waistline happy and found out to make your own for less than $3!




What You Need:

http://images.tastespotting.com/thumbnails/486262.jpg1 large can of sweet whole kernel corn (none of that nibblet stuff)
1 good sized jalapeno, seeded and chopped - The more seeds you leave in, the spicier
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 handful of fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1 juicy lime
Salt & Pepper to taste

*Have time to spare? Use fresh corn (about 2 cups) and roast it on a baking sheet

What You Do:

Place all the ingredients in a bowl, squeeze the lime juice all over it and mix together. 
Ole!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave a comment!